Translate

Monday, 5 March 2012

Cats Galore

Good Morning All!
I hope everyone is having as good a day as possible.
I have been making some cat themed cards for the wonderful Cats Protection Glasgow Branch.

I was lucky enough to have been chosen for adoption by Lovely Lenny and Marvelous Minnie, or as I usually refer to them, the Feline Superheroes.




Cats Protection Glasgow Branch rescued Lenny and Minnie from a house which had 18 cats none if them neutered! Cats Protection nursed them back to health, gave them all the medical treatment they needed including neutering before they came to me. They do this for every cat before putting it up for rehoming. Cats Protection Glasgow Branch do amazing work. The people who work so hard are all volunteers and it has been a difficult year. Recently public awareness was raised when one little rescued kitten (Zippy) was featured in The Evening Times. He was rescued by two little girls from their garden in a very bad way. The Branch is totally full to capacity and there are several lovely cats waiting to be rehomed.
Please check out their web page and facebook: Where they not only discuss cat welfare, adoption and neutering but provide a platform for worried people when their cats go missing. They post details and pictures on their facebook and encourage supporters to spread information. Similarly, they have helped people when cats are found; these cats are often returned to grateful people.

http://www.facebook.com/cpglasgow

http://glasgow.cats.org.uk/

Cats Protection Glasgow Branch
PO Box 16540
Glasgow
G22 9BG

Email: CPGlasgow@googlemail.com
Telephone: 0845 371 2722

Now on to the cards - I have used toppers from a Kanban Kit called Cats and Quilts. Kits are a great way for someone with my health and disability issues to make enough cards to sell for Cats Protection funds. A selection follows:




















15 comments:

  1. Well done Vee for raising this awareness amongst the Blogging community. I am a staunch support of CP and make cards for their fundraising events. My Mum and Dad also adopted a Mother and Son from them 4 years ago. Lottie was in a house of 40 cats heavily pregnant and in a terrible state. Luckily CP and RSPCA went in and rescued them all. Lottie had 4 kitten and Mum and Dad took Sammy too who was the last kitten left. CP do an amazing job and I think it is disgusting that animal charities get no government funding and only keep going because of donations. Good on you for making those beautiful cards Vee and I know they will be so appreciated. Hugs Clare xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for leaving such a lovely message, Clare. xx

      Delete
  2. Vee these are gorjuss you our a special person making these for a lovely charityx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Tracey that is a lovley compliment. xx

      Delete
  3. Hi eve thes are very elegant cards and I can tell you loved making them.

    Also I wanted to say a huge thank you for presenting an award to my blog- I was bowled over :-)

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Claire and your are very welcome. xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Vee, well done on all these cards for such a good cause and they really are lovely. Such cute images. As for the two fur babies, they are absolutely gorgeous and I would love a cuddle with them. Thanks for following, I have just added myself as a follower on your blog. Happy crafting. Tinaxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much Tina and thank you for joining my blog. Yes they are both cuddly. xx

      Delete
  5. Oh wow! What adorable cards! They are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been so busy on behalf of a wonderful charity. Well done and hugs to all the kitties xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Vee , how did i miss this one, First your gorgeous kittys are just adorable love the little tongue peeping out on Minnie. Your charity cards are stunning you must have worked so hard.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Elaine I am glad you like the cards I always try hard. I am so happy you like Lenny and Minnie. Her wee tongue is exactly what I love about this pic!! Thanks for kind comments. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the cards Vee you have done such a lot they are lovely ,Lenny and Minnie are Very sweet, i wish i could have another cat ,our last one Thomas got run over he was a wild sort of cat someone dumped a load of kittens out of a back of a car and my son picked them up and we had one,i miss him lots as i do all the other cats and dogs i had ,I cannot have one because Millie and Bella would chase them away
    xx Pauline

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment. If youi would care to join me I would love to have your company. I will be looking forward to visiting your blog to leave a comment and join you too.
Vee xx