Translate

Monday 28 May 2012

Pop Up Telephone Box








These are my projects for Kanban Design Team this sunny 
Monday morning here in my part of Scotland.
All made from the lovely products from Kanban Crafts.


Pop Up Telephone Box Card

(M & M)
Materials and Method
Kanban Crafts A4 Sheet of navy blue card stock
Kanban Crafts A4 Sheet of red card stock
Kanban Crafts Union Jack Bunting Topper Sheet 900173
Kanban Crafts Jubilee Sentiments Topper Sheet 900171
Kanban Crafts Cool Britannia Polka Navy 900182
Kanban Crafts About Town Background Card 900189
Kanban Crafts Birthday Toppers 900178
Silver Foil Card
Red Cord
Red Ribbon

The base card is one A4 sheet of the blue card scored down 
the middle to make an A5 portrait card.
I used red card to make the telephone box.
I wanted it to sit flat when the card was closed
but still be quite sturdy. 
So I decided to keep all the length of one A4,
scored into four equal panels with a lttle bit 
left over as a tab to attach to form 
the box shape. I decided on the 
height by seeing how I liked
it in the card and cut it so that it left space above and below.
I cut out pieces of silver foil card to use as windows and attached them.
I knew I wanted to use the bunting and used some red cord to make it 
drape across design but I wanted it still to close after the bunting was
added so I put it where I thought it was best. It actually looked
fine without the clothes peg but I just thought it made it look more real!
The front is layered with the Polka Dots and Navy Background card and 
finished with one of the navy toppers. I finished with a red bow and added
a litle sentiment to the back of the card to finish. All die cuts,
toppers and layers have been inked around the edges. 


Affectionately, 
Vee xx


I would like to enter this card into tthe following challenges:

Creative Card Crew

where the challenge is:

# 11 Dimension 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




39 comments:

  1. Love this one Vee, you don't see many red phone boxes these days. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb... i love pop-up cards but never get round to making any x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Vee, love it. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vee
    what a wonderful card, I love the Red Telephone box, wish we still had them.
    Glad to see you back, hope you are well rested.
    Hugs Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card.... Glad you are felling back on form xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing, how did you do the telephone box?
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Elenor, I have now added the materials and method xx

      Delete
  7. Just fabulous Vee:) You is one clever lady:)
    michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fabulous card Vee. I love it!!!

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh this is gorgeous too! I spy a theme here ;-) Elaine-xxx-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though I am not English I am loving seeing all the patriotic creations for the Queen's Jubilee. I love your pop up telephone box, its really adorable and I love the sentiment on the front of your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful creation! And thanks for your well wishes on my birthday! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. This brilliant Vee, I love the design. B xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card, like how the inside folds outward and enhances the interior which is just fabulous by the way. Love this card Vee!
    hugs
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you very much, everyone you are all so kind to leave such amazing comments. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow! I have seen many jubilee colour/themed cards but I have to say this is my favorite. I never would have thought of a card like this!
    Well done, I love it...
    Love Lisa. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks very much, Lisa I am glad you like it. xx

      Delete
  16. Hello there Girl

    What a great Project you entered in this week’s Challenge of the Creative Card Crew.

    Thanks for joining us!

    Hugs, Elisa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Vee ,
    Well , I’m back and I have the rest of today free so as to catch up on everyone’s creations since I have been away refurbishing my old house.
    I adore reading the blog’s and looking at all the lovely cards and projects, almost as much as making the cards myself.
    Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog , its so nice to keep in touch.
    sorry I have not been commenting much ,I do look though and try to keep up.
    Your cards were always lovely Vee but I have to say your style has blossomed since you started with the kanban DT role , they are now all so fabulous .
    Love all of your creations on this page
    Great work well done ,
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Elaine,
      So lovely to see you; thanks very much. I will pop over and leave a message there. Vee xx

      Delete
  18. Thanks everyone for leaving such amazing compliments you are all very kind. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card, and very fitting for the occasion.

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful telephone box card Vee, so sweet.

    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment.
Vee xx