Saturday, 19 May 2012

Tag Windmill

M & M
(Materials and Method)

One Ranger Black Large Tag

Four Ranger Small Kraft Tags

Tim Holtz Distress Inks:
 Brushed Courduroy, Wild Honey, Pumice Stone. Shabby Shutters

Perfect Pearls Green Patina

Touch of Mica Masks: 
Brick, Cogs

Die Cut flower in black card from Stash
Small Bloom from Stash
One Metal Cog from Stash

Empty Spritzer Bottle

I decided that my tags would make a 
pretty good windmill!! (Regulars will be saying there Vee goes again!)
Here is what I did to make one.

I wanted the larger black tag as base and 
four smaller kraft tags as sails.

I used the masks to emboss the tags in the Grand Calibur.
The black tag with the brick effect and the kraft tags with the cogs.

I inked all the tags with the various distress inks.
I then brushed on  green patina perfect pearls and used
a rough brush brush to apply and scrape.

I mixed some water and perfect pearls in a spritzer bottle
and sprayed all the tags.

I used a heat tool to dry tags to distress them a bit more.

I assembled and used a cog,
black diecut flower and small bloom to finish.

The diecut flower was already in my  diecuts tray but I can tell it was 
cut using Tim Holtz Sizzix Tattered Florals. I wanted it to 
remain undistressed for the contrast. (Love juxtaposition)
The small bloom may have been from Spellbinders
Bitty Blossoms die but I can't be sure as I 
have squashed it a lot!
Vee xx

I would like to enter this into the challenge at 

where the theme is 

Challenge # 42




  1. A windmill made of tags, fabulous. Love the flower!

  2. Thanks, Glenda xx hugs back xx

  3. What a great use for the tags. Thanks so much for entering "Tags" at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.

    1. Hello,Vicki lovely to see you I was happy to enter. xx


Thank you very much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment. If youi would care to join me I would love to have your company. I will be looking forward to visiting your blog to leave a comment and join you too.
Vee xx