Translate

Saturday 25 August 2012

The Gold Bug Quest at Quoth The Raven



Good Evening, All

I have designed my interpretation of the Edgar Allan Poe story

The Gold Bug

for Quest No 12 at 



My scene depicts the bug tied with string about to be dropped through

the socket of the skull which was nailed to a tree in the story.

(This has been done to discover the location of the treasure.)

You will have to read the story to see it was a successful  method!

There is a link to a full transcript of the tale from the Quoth The Raven blogspot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I used the digital image 

The Skull from Smeared Ink

which I resized in Serif and shaded, I added the beetle also from Serif which I altered and coloured  gold and positioned over the eye socket and threaded string through.

I embossed black magic cooredinations (light green core) with an A4 leaves mask. 

This was sanded and skull was mounted on high foam pads 

to sit proud of the leaves. I added a brad for a nail.

Affectionately,

Vee xx

10 comments:

  1. WOW!! This is amazing Vee. A fabulous design and a great interpretation.

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing card Vee but it would give me nightmares! The embossed background is fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Vee but I think I would like it better without the beetle in the eye socket -lol but at the same time it is also very creative and matches the story!Well done!
    hugs
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies you are all brave to comment. I am scared of it and I made it!! I have it face down!! lol But they are all about face your fears and a very creative team and blog so it is nice to challenge myself. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH WOW! this is STUNNING!!! Love the background and the image.....EVERYTHING!!!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Quoth the Raven :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now we are getting scary scary I couldn't cope with this on my mantle shelf looking at me.
    Very clever though Vee and took great imagination.
    Janet xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WoWza - great creation and excellent interpretation of the story. I love that background... awesome :-) xxxx
    Thank you for playing along with us at Quoth The Raven :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the amazing comments. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love everything about this :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment.
Vee xx