Translate

Sunday 3 April 2022

Poppy Gems

Hello!






  At Stamping Sensations  this month we have the fun theme of "I Love" and there are some nice prizes from Penny Black. We are looking forward to seeing all the things you love depicted in stamped creations. I love many things including poppies.

Earlier this year, I used some of my Birthday/Christmas gift cards to buy a  few Penny Black stamps and this is one of them. This large stamp is Poppy Gems by Penny Black, and I have been having quite a play with it.  The first card is stamped in blue and coloured with alcohol markers and prisma pencils. Background is using alcohol markers. I wanted a natural, simple style in a yellow/ blue theme except for emphasising the stamens using pebeo relief paste in gold and gold wink of stella over yellow.  
I don't know why it looks so dark as it is quite bright IRL

Materials:
Penny Black Stamp "Poppy Gems"
Warm Breeze Ink pad
Alcohol Markers
Prisma Pencils
Pebeo Relief Paste - Gold
Wink of Stella - Gold

For the second card,  I stamped the poppies in grey and coloured with alcohol markers.
The leaf trellis that I added to one side is from a die by Tattered Lace, stencil is by Tim Holtz which I used with Broken China Distress Oxide.

Materials:
Penny Black Stamp "Poppy Gems"
Morning Mist Ink pad
Alcohol markers
Distress Oxide  China Blue
Tattered Lace Leaf Trellis Die
Tim Holtz stencil

I would like to enter the following:






Thanks for looking in,
Vee xx

17 comments:

  1. Wow, both cards are stunning and I'm thrilled of your color choice. Great idea to use blue!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards Vee,love your stamp and choice of colours,the solid background on the top card looks like a sunny day,whilst the stencilled background and trellis diecut enhance the delicate look of the poppies in your second card,thank you for your comments on my posts I appreciate the time you take to leave them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not one but two beautiful Himalayan Poppy cards Vee and can't choose a favourite. I've been using grey ink for some stamping lately, it does give a softer look.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The poppies look so beautiful in blue and both cards are simply stunning. I have this stamp in my stash as well and can definitely see why it's one you love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both so pretty Vee, especially in your chosen colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the first card when I saw it but the second one is so very pretty. You would not know it was the same stamp, great results.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab cards! Thanks for joining us for the April Spring challenge over at Country View Challenges.
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your stenciled card. The soft lattice stenciling and then leaving a bit of white around the flowers is simply gorgeous! Great card. Thank you for participating in the Make My Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards, nice colors and great coloring.

    Thank you for joining us at the Cut it Up challenge blog for our Spring project challenge.

    Treva
    https://scrappint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards. Beautiful stencil work and colors. So glad you shared over at Make My Monday

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful stenccilled card. I love your colour choice, the flowers are so pretty. We appreciate you joining in our challenge at Make My Monday. Thanks. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A tad late getting here + two lovely cards Vee, love the poppy image and it looks so different in each design.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful! Thank you for playing along at MMM Challenge.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely spring cards. Thanks for joining us over at country view challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe how many posts I have missed Vee, I don't get notifications of your posts, so forget to visit, so sorry., I saw you on another blog so I had a hint and a link to come and catch up a little.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards - love the blue!
    Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to visit and leave a comment.
Vee xx